Reading Planet Rocket Phonics
Rocket Phonics is a Department for Education validated story-based Systematic Synthetic Phonics programme for Reception and Year 1. This programme is fully decodable and aligned to Letters and Sounds (2007), providing a complete package of resources to teach reading and writing.
- Ensure pupils keep up rather than catch up: the steady pace and progression deeply embeds knowledge and skills from the start
- Step-by-step daily plans, weekly overviews, assessment guidance, tracking documents and CPD
- Fully decodable in accordance with the sequence of letter-sound correspondences in Letters and Sounds, and build in the common exception words specified in each phase
- Developed by Abigail Steel, a phonics expert, former primary and recent advisor to Ofsted on the inspection of phonics teaching
- All the books are designed to deliver on reading for enjoyment and information alongside decoding, through a rich variety of fiction and non-fiction titles designed to capture every child's interest