Peters is the UK's leading specialist supplier of children's books and furniture to schools, academies, public libraries and multi-academy trusts, and we're passionate about inspiring children and young people to read.
Our mission is to be the leading provider of books and related services for schools and libraries in the UK, offering the widest choice, the best value and unbiased expert advice. Reading for pleasure is one of the biggest indicators of pupils' wellbeing and attainment, even more so than parental education or socio-economic background, so engaging children with books from an early age is key.
Our qualified teachers and librarians read and review more than 10,000 newly published children's and young adult books every year, so are ideally placed to help and advise on your reading requirements. We know that every child and young person is different, so we can advise on everything from the latest fiction and non-fiction to phonics and reading schemes to suit your requirements. We work with public libraries, primary and secondary schools to supply books and furniture and to promote reading in a variety of ways:
- Thousands of fiction, non-fiction and educational books available to browse and buy online
- Bookshop (open to schools and libraries) in central Birmingham with around 40,000 unique children's and young adult titles in stock
- Bespoke book selections by our expert team of librarians and curriculum specialists
- Hand-picked book packs to save you time and make the most of your budget
- Free library design service to help you create inspiring and relaxing spaces for your students
- School library audits to review your book stock and make recommendations, or help you create a new book collection from scratch
- Optional book jacketing and labelling service so you can receive your books shelf-ready
Our team will work in partnership with you every step of the way to ensure you get the best books at competitive prices. We work closely with schools, academies and multi-academy trusts to help make the most of your budget.
For advice and support from our team, get in touch at 0121 666 6646 or email email@example.com.