Essential Letters and Sounds
Essential Letters and Sounds is developed for teachers by teachers from one of the Department for Education’s English Hubs, the Knowledge Schools Trust. This programme is designed to ensure that all children learn to read well and make speedy progress.
- An affordable, easy-to-use phonics programme that gets all children reading quickly
- Helps schools deliver more effective teaching of phonics based on Letters and Sounds (2007)
- Aligns with books from Oxford University Press
- A daily, same structure approach to teaching phonics that gives children and teachers consistency and security
- Supports teachers to ensure the lowest attaining children keep up rather than catch up
- Offers a full range of high quality teacher training available at all times, for all staff