Win a free author visit for Libraries Week 2022!
Each year Libraries Week celebrates the central role that libraries play in supporting reading and life-long learning, and school libraries are vital for pupils’ learning as well as encouraging reading for pleasure.
To help you get your pupils reading for pleasure this Libraries Week, we’ve teamed up with Simon & Schuster Children's Books to give primary schools around the UK the chance to win a free visit from a local author during that week, which runs from 3rd – 9th October 2022.
The following authors are available for visits in these areas:
- Steven Butler – Brighton
- Abi Elphinstone – East Lothian
- Stewart Foster – Bath and Bristol
- Alex Foulkes – Staffordshire and Birmingham
- Larry Hayes – Reading, Newbury, Oxfordshire, Southampton, Winchester
- Sophy Henn – Haywards Heath, Brighton, Burgess Hill
- Polly Ho-Yen – Bristol
- Anna Kemp – Oxfordshire
- Tola Okogwu – SE London, Medway, Maidstone, Bromley
- Gareth Peter – Nottingham
- Nick Sheridan – Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee, Inverness, Stirling, Newcastle, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool
- A.F. Steadman – London + 45 minutes
A winner will be selected for each author and location, and schools taking part must be willing and available to host an author visit between the dates of 3rd and 7th October 2022.
Complete the form below to enter
To be in with a chance of winning, fill out your details and tell us why your pupils would benefit from this free visit in no more than 150 words below!
Use the dropdown box provided to select your nearest author.
*This competition is open to all staff members at primary schools within the UK. Competition closes 5pm Wednesday 14th September 2022, and winners will be notified on Thursday 15th September 2022. Entries may be featured on our channels, including our website, social media and newsletter. View full terms and conditions here.