A 6 month fixed-term contract.
As part of the IT team, your role will primarily be concerned with the IT support of internal colleagues, who work in local offices and remotely across the UK.
You will be responsible for the desktop IT support for the business, providing support to internal users working locally and remotely within a Microsoft Windows environment, and implementing migration to Office 365 environment.
- Required technical competences:
- Basic Microsoft Windows administration (Windows Desktop O/S (7-10), Active Directory, Group Policy Management, Installation & Windows Imaging, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, configuring PC/Laptops, Smartphones & Tablets);
- Basic network administration skills (routing, routers & firewall; DHCP & DNS)
- Experience of migrating local Exchange to Office 365 an advantage.
- Broad knowledge of IT technologies covering infrastructure, data and software applications;
- Able to pick up technical knowledge and gain new skills quickly;
- Following agreed processes, respond to all inbound queries via telephone, email or helpdesk portal, ensuring all requests are logged within the helpdesk system;
- Log, monitor, review and resolve all service-related incidents and requests within agreed timescales;
- Ensure that service levels for telephone and email response times are met;
- Undertake device administration, including client desktops & laptops, networked printers, network devices, mobile device management and network-printer administration;
- Basic user administration on business systems;
- Build a level of experience and system knowledge of the business systems in use across the business, to enable troubleshooting activity;
- Work alongside 3rd party organisations to ensure seamless service delivered to the business;
- Take responsibility for the build and delivery of client desktops as and when required.
Please submit your current CV, together with your salary expectation and the reasons you are suitable to:
Barbara Davies, H R Manager, Peters, 120 Bromsgrove Street, Birmingham, B5 6RJ
Closing date: 10th November 2017